Dr. B.R. Ambedkar
Jurist, political leader, social reformer, historian, economist and philosopher. He was the Chairman of the Drafting Committee of the Indian Constitution, a former Principal of the Government Law College & the recipient of the Bharat Ratna, India's highest civilian award.
Senior Advocate of Supreme Court of India, listed amongst the top 10 lawyers of the world. A Constitutional Law legend, who argued before a 13 Judge Supreme Court Bench in the famous Keshavananda Bharati case. He also co-authored 'The Law & Practice of Income Tax', and was tax law advisor to the International Monetary Fund. GLC organizes the reputed Nani Palkhivala Memorial National Tax Court Competition in his fond memory, in association with the ITAT Bar Association.
Senior Advocate of the Supreme Court and Former Attorney General of India, he has held several offices in the international circuit â€“ Special Rapporteur to the UN Human Rights Commission, Member of the Permanent Court of Arbitration at The Hague, Vice-President of the Human Rights Committee, International Bar Association and Chairman of Transparency International.
Fali S. Nariman
A distinguished constitutional jurist, Senior Advocate of the Supreme Court and internationally recognized authority on arbitration. He was Additional Solicitor General of India, is President of the Bar Association of India since 1991, Member of the Rajya Sabha, President of International Council for Commercial Arbitration and recipient of the Padma Bhushan & Padma Vibhushan
Famous criminal lawyer, Senior Advocate of the Supreme Court, and known to be one of India's highest paid lawyers. He has twice held the office of the Union Minister of Law & Justice under the Government of India, and is the President of the Supreme Court Bar Association. He has also been a Professor at GLC.
Known for his unparalleled contribution to Indian Constitutional Jurisprudence, his 3 volume work on Constitutional Law is the finest work on the subject. He held the office of Advocate General of Maharshtra from 1957 to 1974, declining the offers for the office of the Attorney General of India and a seat on the Supreme Court twice. He was conferred the Padma Vibhushan & the International Bar Association recognized him as a "Living Legend of Law". GLC organizes the annual H.M. Seervai Memorial National Debate Competition in his memory.
Justice M.C. Chagla
Justice M. C. Chagla was appointed as the First Indian Chief Justice of the Bombay High Court in 1948. He subsequently held several offices under the Government of India such as the Ambassador to USA, Mexico, Cuba, VC of the University of Bombay, High Commissioner to England, Union Minster for Education, and Minister of External Affairs. He was appointed as an ad hoc Judge to the International Court of Justice at The Hague and served as a Professor at GLC for several years. GLC organizes the prestigious M.C. Chagla Memorial Lecture Series in his fond memory, in association with the M.C. Chagla Memorial Trust.
Sir Jamshedji Behramji Kanga
One of the foremost luminaries of the Indian legal fraternity, Sir Jamshedji Behramji Kanga trained the likes of Nani Palkhivala, Motilal Setalvad and H.M. Seervai in his chambers. He was a Judge of the Bombay High Court for a short duration, after which he served as Advocate General of Bombay for a number of years. His book on commercial and tax law, 'The Law & Practice of Income Tax', which he co-authored with Nani Palkhivala, is still an authority on the subject.
An authority on taxation and property law, he founded the well known firm "D.M. Harish & Co." He made an immeasurable contribution to the law through the publication of his magnum opus, an eight volume Treatise on Income Tax Law. He served as President of the Chamber of Income Tax Consultants, and as a Professor at GLC. GLC organizes the world- renowned D.M. Harish Memorial GLC International Moot Court Competition, in his memory, in association with the D.M. Harish Foundation.
An eminent Islamologist and academician, he is credited for his contribution to development and codification of Mohammedan Law in the sub-continent. He was also a Professor & Principal of GLC. He was appointed Ambassador to Egypt, as a Member of the UPSC & as Vice Chancellor of Jammu & Kashmir University, and a Commonwealth Fellow at the Cambridge University. He was awarded the Padma Bhushan in 1962.
- Justice B.N. Srikrishna, Former Judge, SC
- Justice S.N. Variava, Former Judge, SC
- Justice A.P. Shah, Former Chief Justice, Delhi High Court
- Justice F.I. Rebello, Chief Justice, Allahabad High Court
- Justice H.N. Gokhale, Judge, SC
- Mr. Goolam Vahanvati, Attorney General of India & Senior Counsel, SC
- Mr. M.C. Setalvad, Former Attorney General of India
- Mr. T.R. Andhyarujina, Former Solicitor General of India & Senior Counsel, SC
- Mr. Ashok Desai, Former Solicitor General of India & Senior Counsel, SC
- Mr. Darius Khambatta, Additional Solicitor General (Bombay) & Senior Counsel, Bombay HC
- Mr. Ravindra Kadam, Advocate General of Maharashtra & Senior Counsel, Bombay HC
- Her Excellency Smt. Pratibha Patil, Hon'ble President of India
- Bal Gangadhar Tilak, freedom fighter
- M.G. Ranade, social reformer and economist
- L.K. Advani, Former Leader of Opposition, Lok Sabha & Former President, BJP
- Dilip Walse-Patil, Speaker, Maharashtra Legislative Assembly
- Rahul Bajaj, Chairman, Bajaj Auto
- Mr. Amit Desai, Bombay HC
- Mr. Anil Divan, Supreme Court
- Mr. Aspi Chinoy, Bombay HC
- Mr. Dinesh Vyas, Supreme Court & President, ITAT Bar Association, Mumbai
- Mr. Fredun De Vitre, Bombay HC
- Mr. Haresh Jagtiani, Bombay HC
- Mr. J.J. Bhatt, Bombay HC
- Mr. J.P. Cama, Bombay HC
- Mr. Mahabaleshwar Morje, Bombay HC
- Mr. Mahesh Jethmalani, Bombay HC
- Mr. Navroz Seervai, Bombay HC
- Mr. Percy Pardiwalla, Bombay HC
- Mr. Pradeep Sancheti, Bombay HC
- Mr. Rafique Dada, Bombay HC & Former President, Bombay Bar Association
- Mr. Shyam Divan, Supreme Court
- Mr. Soli Dastur, Bombay HC
- Mr. Sriram Panchu, Madras HC
- Mr. T.N. Subramanium, Bombay HC
- Mrs. Rajni Iyer, Bombay HC
- Abhay Ahuja, Partner, Abhay Ahuja & Associates
- Ameet Hariani - Partner, Hariani & Co.
- Farzana & Zubin Behramkamdin, Partners, FZB & Associates
- Ameet Naik & Ashok Paranjpe, Partners, Naik & Paranjpe
- Bahram Vakil - Founding & Managing Partner, AZB & Partners
- Bharat Vasani, Group General Counsel, Tata & Sons
- Bijal Ajinkya - Partner, Nishith Desai Associates
- MrBindi Dave - Partner, Wadia Ghandy & Co.
- C. Rashmikant - Senior Partner, Federal & Rashmikant
- Dara Mehta, Partner, Little & Co.
- Djena Sunawalla - Partner, Wadia Ghandy & Co.
- Cyril Shroff & Shardul Shroff - Managing Partners, Amarchand Mangaladas & Suresh A. Shroff & Co.
- Anil Harish & Shobha Jagtiani, Managing Partners, D.M. Harish & Co.
- Hamid Mochhala - Managing Partner, Wadia Ghandy & Co.
- Shardul Thacker - Partner, Mulla & Mulla Craigie Brunt & Caroe
- Aliff Fazelbhoy - Partner, ALMT Legal
- Amit Tambe - Partner, Trilegal, Mumbai
- Gautam Bhat, Partner, Platinum Partners, Mumbai
- Himanshu Kane - Partner, W.S. Kane & Co.
- M.P. Bharucha, Senior Partner, Bharucha & Partners
- Muzaffaral Federal - Senior Partner, Federal & Rashmikant
- Nihar Mody - Partner, Platinum Partners, Mumbai
- P. H. Parekh, Founding Partner, P. H. Parekh & Co.
- Raian Karanjawala, Managing Partner, Karanjawala & Co.
- Sanjay Ashar - Partner, Crawford Bayley & Co.
- Dhaval Vasanji - Partner, Kanga & Co.
- Nishith Desai - Founding Partner, Nishith Desai Associates
- H.D. Pithawalla, Solicitor & Advocate, Supreme Courts of India, Hong Kong & England & Professor, GLC
- Somashekhar Sunderesan - Partner, J. Sagar Associates, Mumbai
- Tehmten Daruwalla, Partner, Jehangir Gulabbhai & Billomoria & Daruwalla